Outage requests will only be accepted from the Facilities Services Department, UNC Police or a Contractor providing construction or renovation services on campus. All requests must be received no less than two business days (48 hours) in advance.
|Outage Type||Phone Number||Deadline to schedule|
|Electric Service||919-962-8394||no less than two days prior to the requested outage date|
|Steam Service||919-962-1167||no less than three weeks prior to the requested outage date|
|Chilled Water Service||919-962-3419||no less than two days prior to the requested outage date|
To file a request:
- Gather the following information
- Name of Person Submitting Request
- Contact Information
- Name of Customer/Department and Building Location
- Beginning and Ending Times for Requested Outage
- The appropriate office will review the request for the impact on others, potential weather impact to initiate or complete the outage, any special or unusual material needs for restoration, and the time required to restore service.
- Once the review is completed, a confirmation will be provided. Should any considerations be of sufficient concern to require further evaluation or delay, the requesting party will be informed of reasons and alternatives.
- Once the request has been accepted, a line crew will be assigned. Prior to restoring service, the office will confirm the system can safely be restored with no danger to any person associated with or involved in the facility.